- Turmeric is a root derived from the ginger family of spices. In some cases Turmeric is used to make a tea type drink. But can be taken in a capsule form as well. The use of this dietary supplement has been found to reduce inflammation. Inflammation reduction has been found to reduce Joint and Back pain. Turmeric spice is used in curry preparation.
- Glucosamine is a supplement taken to assist in reduction of joint pain. This supplement is combined in conjunction with other over the counter pain relieving aids. Glucosamine is what makes up the cartilage in the joints of your body. The use of Glucosamine has been found to provide improved mobility of your joints. Glucosamine is used by vets to treat many animals today for joint mobility as they age. I use Glucosamine supplements for my horses and dogs with noticeable improvements in their mobility.
- Omega-3 fatty acids can be found Eggs, Spinach, Canola Oil, Salmon, and other Fatty Fish. Omega-3 supplements are labeled as ‘Fish Oil’. Supplements can be found at CNC, Drug Stores, Grocery Stores and Online. Omega-3 supplements help with joint and back pain plus associated stiffness. Read the labels closely for products that state “no fishy taste” and pay close attention to the size of the capsules. The normal recommended daily consumption of Omega-3 supplements is not more than 3 grams.
- Probiotics is a supplement used for digestive track health. Probiotics are live bacteria that are naturally found in out gut or intestinal track. A food products with high content of probiotics are some yogurts that are labeled “Contains Cultures that are Active”. Be aware that the supermarket shelves have a multitude of yogurt products that are not as advertised. Probiotics have been known to assist in the reduction of inflammation.
- Vitamin-D supplement has been used to assist to reduce joint and back pain. I personally use a Vitamin-D supplement to reduce the arthritic pain in my shoulders with good results.
Please always consult you doctor before taking any supplements to make certain there is no potential for reactions with any other medications you are taking.
- Massage Therapy benefits are numerous way beyond relaxation. The use of massage therapy has been a means of reducing back pain for many years. Some therapy patients were able to reduce their dependency for prescription pain medications. Massage therapist will tell you that some of their patients report that due to the relaxing effect they have experienced a reduction in stress, depression, and to some forms of anxiety. Individuals who have a massage twice monthly have reported that the pain in their joints has improved providing more flexibility and freedom of movement. I would suggest that you consult with your doctor prior to using massage treatments just as a precaution.
- Acupuncture Therapy has been around over 2,500 years originating in China. The technique involves inserting very fine needles into strategically located pressure points on your body. As per my research the traditional Chinese medicine acupuncturist have identified over 2,000 pressure points on the body. The stimulation of these pressure points which are connected by pathways to the brain, once stimulated, create an energy flow the Chinese call it Qi or “chee”. Through this stimulation of these pressure points the Chinese state it causes a correction of the imbalance of qi. This correction improves the flow of energy which reduces the pain. It is thought that acupuncture stimulates the central nervous system which releases natural chemicals into your brain, muscles, and even the spinal cord. My research shows that the American Pain Society and American College of Physicians say doctors should consider acupuncture as an alternative therapy method for patients with chronic low back pain that is not responding to conventional treatments. I participated in Acupuncture Treatments in 2012 for pain in my neck, upper shoulders, and mid back. I realized good results for the treatments in my shoulders and mid back, not in my neck. Later an MRI of my neck and spine revealed three bulging disc and a nerve ending in contact with the C3 bulging disc. Acupuncture was not going to reduce this pain. Note: 1). Before starting acupuncture treatments check with your medical insurance carrier to see if you have coverage. In my case I did not. The initial visit was $40 and each visit thereafter was $25. 2). Your doctor should be consulted for a qualified licensed acupuncturist. You can also contact The American Academy of Medical Acupuncture for the name of a doctor that performs acupuncture.
This young lady is receiving acupuncture treatment for Hip Pain and the young man is receiving acupuncture treatment for Chronic Back Pain. Our US Military utilizes acupuncture as pain management.
Even our canine, feline, bovine, and equine four legged friends receive acupuncture treatments today. Many of our veterinary clinics offer these services. Several of our own dogs and horses have been treated for joint and spinal deterioration due to aging. There’s a very noticeable difference in how well these animals respond to their treatments. It really makes you feel good inside to know that their outlook on life has changed.
Please feel free to provide your comments, recommendations or suggestions below. Again thank you for stopping by my website. Please come back soon to see how we’re progressing in our crusade to help each other live a pain free life.