Sole Elliptical E55 Trainer
Product: Sole Elliptical E55 Trainer
Price: $1,999.99 USD
Place to Buy: Amazon.com
Guarantee: 100% Money Back Guarantee for 30 days, Excluding 20% Restocking Fee, Free shipping
Warranty: Frame – Lifetime, Electronics – 5 years, Parts – 5 years, Labor – 2 years
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10
Sole Elliptical E55 Trainer Review
Staying fit to relieve joint and back pain.
Probably the number one thing we can all do toward relieving joint and back pain is staying physically fit. Secondly would be nutrition and maintaining a healthy weight. If we take both of these elements seriously the body’s ability to overcome joint and back pain is enhanced tremendously. I have used the Sole Elliptical E55 Trainer now for 4 years. What I like the most is that it’s basically a ‘walker type’ machine. It has been proven that ‘walking’ is by far the best exercise you can undertake.
Once I started using the Sole E55 Elliptical I knew immediately that it is a well built and high quality cross-trainer. The 5-year parts, 5 years electronics, and 2-year labor warranty is probably still the best in the market. The newly updated 2016 model is Bluetooth capable to track your workout statistics. Sole’s free Fitness App is included.
I’ve owned other elliptical machines and my biggest complaint was the extreme weight of the unit. Some elliptical machines weight as much as 350 lbs. The Sole E55 weighs in at almost 200 lbs. It’s a solid built unit no doubt. Again this machine’s weight is not conducive to moving it around. The majority of the weight is due to the heavy flywheel, weighing in at 25 lbs. But you must take in account that the eddy current brake system, which provides a very smooth and fluid motion. One feature I find great is that when you go to stop your exercise the Sole E55 gradually slows to a stop.
Additional Features of the Sole E55 Trainer
- Stride Length: The 20″ stride length reduces the ‘bouncy’ type motion of some elliptical trainers due to a much shorter distance of motion. The stride of the Sole E55 gives you the feeling of fluidity and a much smoother feeling which is much easier on your ankle, knee, hips, elbow, wrist, and shoulder joints. It’s just a more comfortable feel for your entire body while exercising. You can also adjust the articulating foot pedals to fit your best fit for comfort.
- Dual Wheels: Many elliptical machines designed comparatively to the Sole E55 ride on a single wheel riding on a single rail. The Sole E55 is equipped with dual wheels riding on dual rails which gives you a more stable feeling. The dual wheel design removes the side-to-side motion.
- Blue Tooth Capability: Sole provides a Stat Tracking App allowing you to monitor your progress. New Technology offered as part of your purchase price.
- Adjustable Power Incline: The Sole E55 elliptical is equipped with a power incline feature, this feature allows you to target and tone your lower muscles by raising or lowering your elliptical motion. Similar to a treadmill, you increase the incline, you get more cardio workout benefits.
- Other mentionable features to note: Built-In Fan, Speakers (Plug-In for MP3 and iPod Players) plus Wireless Heart Rate Control.
When you decide you’re ready to purchase an elliptical trainer for the money your desires are 1). You want a machine that is built to last. 2). The machine feels sturdy. 3). The machine is comfortable and has natural elliptical motion. There’s nothing cheap about elliptical trainers but you want your money’s worth.
A machine that is priced for less than $1,000 you are purchasing a machine that compromises quality, and plus more than likely will not hold up to long term use. Keeping that in mind you most certainly do not want a commercially manufactured machine to achieve quality. This Sole E55 elliptical cross-trainer is a heavy duty built machine but does not carry a heavy duty price tag.
Sure there are better elliptical trainers on the market. For example the Precor, Octane, and Life Fitness elliptical machines are superb, but they carry price tags that can run as high as $2,000.00 more than this Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer.
This Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer carries a price tag of $1,999 and in my book just as good as the higher priced commercial machine. The warranty is fantastic. Sole also offers in-home white glove set-up for a small fee. I personally recommend that you have them install the unit, less chances of damaging your floors and much less stress. I paid $59.00 for the install. The install company even called back afterwards to check for any issues. They even offered a ‘Free’ return visit after one year to service, check for any loose fittings, check for any safety issues.
I’ve been very happy with my purchase of the Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer and have not experienced any issues with this unit. The workouts are great in keeping my joints and back more flexible. A 20 minute to 30 minute workout allows me to maintain a healthy body weight.